- Take one smart cookie with a sweet tooth and a hunger for baking.
- Add a husband and two kids into the mix.
- Gently stir in gastronomical travels, delectable recipe creations, thematic celebrations, and a fun-loving and playful spirit.
- Allow friends and family to benefit from extravagant baking “experiments.”
- Gradually spread the word of the extraordinary talents of Alison’s Sweet Themes.
- Continue baking with purpose as Sweet Themes Bakery becomes a sweet reality.
- Offer hand-iced, custom-made sugar cookies, custom cupcakes, wedding cakes and other made-from-scratch treats to the general public, one sweet theme at a time!
Icing on the cookie: Smiles, laughter, and a whole range of emotions that one special cookie can deliver.
Number of smiles per serving: Limitless
For as long as I can remember, I have loved being in the kitchen cooking and baking. Growing up on a farm in Oak Harbor on Whidbey Island, I learned early on the value of sustainability and most everything we had (food, clothing, etc.) was made at home. Hardly anything I baked even had a chance to cool on the baking rack before someone in my family stole off with it and gobbled it down! Since my job was in the kitchen, my younger sister Lisa’s job was at the sewing machine. As long as she kept sewing, I kept making her cookies to fuel her energy. As adults, Lisa continues to sew as a hobby and I still provide her with my homemade delights.
My husband Joe and I are PE teachers and had the wonderful experience of living and teaching in Australia when our kids were very young. My favorite memories of Australia happen to be taste memories! I especially loved the delicious bakeries that were abundant and true to authentic baked goods. Our visits to the many tea rooms Down Under expanded my love for having afternoon tea, complete with scones and Devonshire cream, tea cakes, finger sandwiches, and beautiful pastries. Always inspired by my experiences, I enjoy making many of these delectable goodies to share with family and friends.
My recipe box is always expanding with wonderful recipes I have discovered and created. Sharing my creations is just as much fun as baking them! Over the years, more and more friends requested that I make my desserts, treats and cookies for them for their special family occasions and entertaining events. Always a big hit, my delicious treats inspired the friends of friends to call and make requests, too! This “little baking hobby” of mine, which I’m passionate about and love doing, has blossomed into a dream come true: Establishing Sweet Themes Bakery and having the opportunity to bake sweet memories for all of you.
Chief Cookie Officer and Founder of Sweet Themes Bakery